Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Another Celebration - Go TEAM JAKE

Good Morning Team Captains!

I hope that you are all well on this frightfully cold March morning in New England...If you are not reading it here please don't mock us to bad for living in the frozen tundra, known as New Hampshire.   But I digress...I came here to announce another celebration for The Team Jake.  

As you all know, from reading past posts, I began a journey of running just a few months ago.  It has been a slow journey yet rewarding at the same time. 

When I began running it took me closer to 45 minutes to complete a 5k.  This whole time I've made it a personal goal to run a 5k sub 30 minutes.  For months now I've tried and tried to do, with no luck.  I was, for weeks, stuck at 30 minutes 15 seconds for those 3.1 miles.

Well my friends and teammates....I did it...twice in the last week I have been able to complete a 5k in 29 minutes 45 seconds.  And through all of the running and eating very clean I have dropped 85 pounds total.  I am in the 200 Club finally after several years.

For many of you this is probably trivial and that's ok.  I began my journey a few months back much heavier and much slower then I am today.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ME AND THE TEAM THAT HELPED ME ALONG THE WAY!!! 



What successes have all of you had?  Any journeys that are just beginning?
Let's share together.  Let's learn together.  LET'S WIN TOGETHER!

No comments:

Post a Comment