Monday, February 3, 2014

One week view of my fitness.

Good Morning Team Captains!

I hope that your weekend was filled with achieving many successes.  If it wasn't, well thats ok too.  Its a brand new week in a brand new month.  Take control of your team and make a plan for success.  Start small with simple achievements...i.e. to feel better, to be active 30 minutes 3 times per week, or to eat low carb for one month (Anything that you want to change that will help with your end goal).  With these small manageable objects we can all be successful and support each other.

This post is a snapshot of what my fitness week was like last week.  Periodically as my routine changes I will update you on what I am doing.  I hope that you will do the same for me and the other Team Captains.  Together we will learn.  Together we will win!


Monday: Extra Day

This day is not on my schedule for the gym.  Instead, it was nice out so I took a 4 mile walk with a friend.


Tuesday: Leg Day

4.1 Miles 63 Minutes Eliptical Machine Level 3

Leg Press Machine -  3 sets of 12 Reps @ 170 Lbs

Leg Extension Machine - 3 sets of 12 Reps @ 110 Lbs

Leg Curl Machine - 3 sets of 12 Reps @ 90 Lbs

Calf Extension Machine - 3 sets of 12 Repts @ 125 Lbs

Crunches - 1 Set of 20 Reps with 20 Lbs  (I should tell you that I'm very wimpy with my abs...I, likely, could break a leg and still cry less then if I did a normal day of ab workouts.  I tend to err on the side of caution and limit my ab workout until I get used to the pain.)


Thursday:  Chest & Back Day
4.58 Miles 65 Mins Eliptical Machine Level 3
Butterflys 1 sets of 15 Reps @ 70 Lbs
                 1 set of 12 Reps @ 90 Lbs
                 1 set of 10 Reps @ 100 Lbs

Row 3 sets of 8 Reps vertical hand placement @ 50 Lbs
         3 sets of 8 Reps horizontal hand placement @ 50 Lbs

Chest Press 1 Set of 8 Reps 60 Lbs
                    1 Set of 8 Reps 70 Lbs
                    1 Set  of 8 Reps 90 Lbs

Lat Pull Down 1 Set of 8 Reps 110 Lbs
                        2 Sets  of 8 Reps 90 Lbs

Crunches 1 Set of 20 Reps with 20 Lbs (See Tuesday)


Sunday - Arms and Shoulders

5.15 Miles 68 Minutes Eliptical Machine Level 3  (This one I'm especially proud of.  I started off just a few weeks ago looking to do a 5k.  I was able to complete just 3/4 of it.  I worked at it each time at the gym.  Finally I've exceeded that 3.1 Mile goal (5K) and I'm up to 5.15 Miles.  Maybe I'll work on a 10K next.

Curls 3 Sets of 12 Reps @ 70 Lbs

Military Press 3 Sets of 12 Reps @ 60 lbs 

Incline Chest Press 3 Sets of 12 Reps @ 80 Lbs
Crunches 1 Set of 20 Reps @ 20 Lbs


1 comment: