Monday, January 27, 2014

Neurology Appointment - Successful Day!

Good Afternoon Team Captains!

Today I had my quarterly Neurology appointment.  Walking into the appointment I planned to speak to the doctor about the following list:

1. Exhaustion and dizziness at the gym.
2. Excessive Yawning after the gym.
3. Extending my new MS medication choice for another three months.
4. Putting me on LDN at the moment.
5. My repetitive bad steroid reaction.
6. The greatness of Ritalin helping me get through the day.
7. Lastly, when my yearly MRI will take place.

Actual Appointment Results

1.  As far as exhaustion and dizziness goes...he said exactly what I already knew, which is that; with MS raising your core body temperature can have an effect like exhaustion, dizziness, and instability.  He said I'm fine to continue doing what I'm doing but to know my limits as not to pass out again.

2. Excessive Yawning after the gym.  Once again likely from raising body temp but it is likely benign so not to worry about it.

3.  He was fine with me pushing out starting a new Disease Modifying Drug for another three month since I'm doing so well right now.

4. He is fine with putting me on LDN (Low Dose Naltrexone) but wants me to look into pricing before making the commitment.  He said he has seen mixed results but if it's cheap enough he's fine with me starting that treatment.

5.  Steroid Reaction...well he agreed that I shouldn't be put on steroids again as I'm obviously very sensitive to it.  The doctor stated that he doesn't believe that I'm allergic to that class of drugs just highly sensitive to it.  He said fortunately there are other choices for any future exacerbation.

6.  He feels the same as I, that the Ritalin is having the desired effect on my cognitive function.  Lets get a cheer for limited fatigue.  


7.  As far as my yearly MRI...He said we will start scheduling that when we meet in April.

8.  One last item came up during our conversation.  I dropped another 10 pounds! 

Success!!! 

Overall, this Neurologist appointment went well.  I am happy and he is happy!  This all makes Team Jake very happy.

What good news have you had in your recent Doctors visits?  Lets celebrate all the wins in our lives!




1 comment:

  1. That is awesome you dropped another 10 lbs. You should be proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete